Ambushed! They have you cornered. You have to think on your feet. The media pack is howling and you're sweating... and you've not had time to prepare the perfect answer. This is what it's like handing a crisis. Not fun.
Now...You're at a media interview calmly putting your message across. Why are they all yawning? Maybe you just don't know how to convey your message the right way, with the right tone, to the right audience.
It's at moments like these that a little know-how... goes a long way.
This coaching is designed to give you an advanced understanding of how to convey your corporate message and values in all media. Advanced media interview skill techniques are taught, to enable you to joust with the best of them in the cut and thrust of a media onslaught. Discover how to appeal to journalists and fine tune your message to make it newsworthy, without losing your point or your credibility.
- How to control your anxiety and speak confidently.
- How to sound convincing, authoritative and persuasive.
- How to use your body to help you in front of the camera.
- How to structure your thoughts and think on your feet.
- How to match your tone with other people's and build rapport instantly.
- Breathing techniques to help you keep cool when the pressure “hots up”.
- Learn how to speed up or slow down and manage your timing.
- Learn to use inflections to make what you say more interesting.
- Sound good if you ever have to read information aloud.
- How to get rid of irritating ticks and nervous gestures.
- How to improve your diction and pronunciation.
- How to deliver a clear, impactful sound bite and get the results you want.
At the start of the coaching your strengths and weaknesses in voice, image, movement and message will be identified. Immediately, a tailor-made program will be implemented, designed to address your specific media presentation problems and goals. You'll get to see yourself and hear yourself and get immediate feedback and instruction from your expert media coach. This powerfully interactive coaching comes highly recommended for both politicians and executive leaders.
Sessions of coaching are normally one to two hours in duration.
The initial session may be two hours to establish groundwork for the program.
Coaching programs can vary in length from 4, 6 or 12 sessions up to ongoing regular sessions.
Frequency can vary from weekly to fortnightly to monthly.