Considered to be one of the most respected and effective Voice and Presentation Coaches in Australia, British-born Juliet has been coaching executives in how to present at their best for over 30 years. She founded The Voice Business in 1983 and has been at the helm ever since, helping many thousands of people communicate with confidence.
Juliet has devised a particular system of training that takes executives step-by-step through analysing, practicing and perfecting their delivery of information. She incorporates mind, body and proven techniques to assist executives to fully integrate and maintain what they have learned, so that under pressure they perform at their best with ease.
Juliet is also one of the country's most experienced voice-over narrators and accent specialists and she uses this skill to construct and de-construct how to form or reduce an accent. She is called upon to assist executives from overseas who are needing "a little help" being clearly understood in English, which she does with grace and sensitivity to cultural concerns.
Areas of expertise
- Executive Presentation Skills
- Voice improvement and Speaking skills
- Accent reduction
- Media Skills
- Non verbal Communication
- Developing confidence and impact
- Working with naturally introverted people
- Presence and influence
- Using the latest Technology for presenting
- How to deliver TED talks
Business background and experience
Juliet was brought up in a business family, her father being Chief Executive of several large companies over his lifetime. She learned a great deal from her father about managing companies and set out to establish her own shortly after graduating.
A natural entrepreneur, Juliet established The Voice Business in 1983 in order to deliver voice and presentation skills training to the corporate sector. The training courses extended into the world of entertainment and advertising, following a request by all the television stations to train new presenters in media and broadcasting skills.
Juliet has a passion for technology and the Internet and keeps up to date with the latest developments in IT, software, and virtual delivery techniques, delightfully amazing executives half her age with her net savvy skills.
Juliet’s coaching is highly interactive. You’ll learn by doing. However you’ll also understand the psychology behind your choices and the impact they’ll have on your audience.
Qualifications and memberships
Bachelor of Psychology (hons)
Bachelor of Arts -Theatre Directing (hons)
Master Practitioner NLP
Dip speech LAMDA (UK)
Cert IV Training and Assessment
Cert IV Business Administration
Train the Trainer (Dr Stephanie Burns)
Cert Gestalt Psychotherapy
Cert Ericksonian Hypnosis
Member of Australian and American Film Institutes
Member of Sigma Xi The Scientific Research Honor Society
Member of The Australian Voice Association
Member of Voice and Speech Trainers Association
Sample client engagements
- CEO - in Bio-Pharmaceuticals - assisting the Chinese founder of a successful startup to perfect her presentation skills, enabling her to be clearly understood when pitching to investors.
- Mayor - In major city - to build her confidence in presenting her messages with decisive impact and handling difficult interactions with Councillors.
- CFO - of leading airline - to improve spoken performance in meetings and push his agenda through successfully.
- GM - merchant services - to empower his presenting style and reduce his accent so as to be clearly understood in National and International meetings.
- CEO - International bank - to perfect his delivery when being interviewed (successfully) for a major federal appointment.
- Leader - political party - to maintain his voice through harsh political debate.
- Chinese Executive Group - import and export - to improve their pronunciation and delivery of information to local audiences and stakeholders.
- Indian IT expert - international tech company - to improve his communication skills and receive recognition for expert performance.
- TV Presenter and Newsreader coaching - helped several well-known chefs and presenters to perfect their speaking skills and reduce their accents.
- Social services-virtual presenting - trained a group of government employees to present virtually and improve their webcasting skills.
- Grad program-business school - invited to empower new executive graduates in speaking and presenting.