This area of coaching focuses on how to “manage and resolve difficult conversations”. Leaders sometimes have to give feedback on unsatisfactory performance or behaviour. As you can imagine, these conversations are often difficult or challenging. The coaching focuses on how to prepare, carry out and follow up on difficult conversations.
KEY AREAS OF COACHING
You can choose to focus on any of the following topics or areas for your coaching. The coaching can be tailored to your specific needs.
Learn how to...
- Deal with poor performance.
- Deal with conduct issues such as rudeness.
- Effectively handle personal problems which affect work.
- Deal with confrontational or undermining behaviour.
- Deal with absences and rostering issues.
- Investigate and resolve complaints.
- Deal with grievances.
- Reassure someone.
- Give warnings on conduct or performance.
- Deal with personality clashes between team members or between yourself and another person.
- Appropriately handle someone who has been upset.
HOW THE COACHING WORKSThis coaching is specifically tailored to the types of situations involving difficult conversations that people like you may have to work with. Practical techniques for dealing with these situations are explained and practised in role plays. Issues concerning avoidance or fear of carrying out these conversations are analysed and strategies developed to deal with these.
DURATION OF COACHINGSessions of coaching are normally one hour in duration.
The initial session may be two hours to establish groundwork for the program.
Coaching programs can vary in length from 4, 6 or 12 sessions up to ongoing regular sessions.
Frequency can vary from weekly to fortnightly to monthly.
DELIVERY AND LOGISTICS
- Delivery can be face-to-face, by phone or Skype.
- Most face-to-face coaching is held in Sydney.
- Group training sessions can be organised.
- Session times and dates are arranged directly with your coach.
- Coaching sessions are confidential if booked by individuals.
- Corporate bookings receive an overview report of sessions and dates held.
BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES
For bookings and enquiries simply phone 1300 922 122 or click here